“It is our policy to minimize the harmful effects and maximize the beneficial effects of our activities on our environment. We recognize our Hotel has an important role in protecting and enhancing our environment for future generations.
Our aim is to
- Minimize our total waste output
- Maximize our reusable and recyclable waste
- Minimize our energy usage.
- Minimize our water consumption
- Minimize any potential pollution
- Minimize the impact of all other Hotel activities on our local environment (e.g. noise, odours, traffic management, building development, etc)
We do this through
- Employee awareness, training, feedback and incentives
- Customer awareness and feedback.
- Purchasing Policy
- Supplier Relationships
- Facilities management (ensuring optimum efficiency in all building, plant and machinery etc)
- Continuously communication, monitoring, measuring and assessing our performance against our policies, objectives and targets.
- Providing adequate resources to achieve the above.
We recycle/reuse c. 92% of our waste (by weight). We also invite our employees and customers to recycle their waste through the Hotel. A copy of our environmental management manual is available for inspection.”